Most of the trolleys used by the Harmony Line had been constructed by the Niles Car and Manufacturing Company in St. Louis, MO. Twenty-five cars were shipped disassembled to the Harmony car barn. Workers assembled the cars and added steel wheels that had been manufactured at the Forged Steel Wheel Company of Butler.
A typical car included three different sections: a general seating area, a smoker section (ostensibly for gentlemen who preferred a cigar or pipe while traveling), and a baggage section. Each car could carry about forty people.
As time went on, the Harmony Line expanded its services to include special party cars. These could be rented for $55 per day. Church groups, school students, and small parties enjoyed movies and card-playing aboard the party cars on their way to and from special occasions.
The Harmony Line also owned several special cars used in maintaining the trolley tracks.
Party cars sometimes included movie projectors.
This was a street sprinkler used by the trolley lines about 1910.
Work cars hauled a variety of materials needed for maintenance along the trolley lines.
|Harmony Line Main Page||The Idea||The Routes||The End of an Era|